Most of my DIY-ness is spawned of the unfortunate combination of poverty and a fondness for the finer things in life. This Balmain-inspired corset is no exception. Here is how I made one at home (on my peasant salary):
What you will need:
1. Vintage/New Corset (I buy them on Etsy for under $30)
2. Safety Pins of various sizes
3. Hairspray (optional)
What you will do:
1) If the corset is vintage, you will want to wash that shit. C’mon girl, that’s nasty.
2) Lay it out on a flat surface and turn on a ‘Real Housewives of Orange County’ marathon (or not) but in reality this probably took me 2-3 hours to do and you will need a distraction from the numbing of your finger tips. Start pinning ‘em on. I applied clusters of the same size safety pins, but you can vary them however you’d like.
3) Spray it with hairspray after, which functions as a bootleg adhesive.
4) Pound some whiskey shots and take that corset for a spin out on the town. Try not to poke anyone’s eye out.
If you have 20K to spend on the real deal, go fuck yourself Kate Moss. I spent $35 (including dollar store supplies).